Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pollo Loco - chicken recipe

I know I haven't posted any recipes in a long time, but I really do want to start posting them again!  Here is one of our favorite recipes.  Everyone in the house loves this, and we all eat it pretty much until we are sick.  So good!  I got this from http://www.plainchicken.com/ blog site.  I change it a little, but that was where I got the basic idea!


2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast.  I cut them into 3 oz pieces.
1 bottle Lawry's Mesquite Marinade
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 cup uncooked long grain rice.  I like to use Basmati rice
2 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
2 cloves minced garlic
2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
4 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cup tomato sauce

1 container white Mexican Queso.  I get this from Sam's club.

Marinate the chicken in the marinade overnight.  I do this after I have cut the chicken up to the size we like.  When ready to cook - set broiler to high and broil two notches down to the top.  Turn every 7 minutes until done (juices run clear or internal temp is 165 degrees).

In the meantime, start the rice.  Heat the oil over medium heat, and dump the rice.  Cook until golden, stirring consistently.  Add the garlic and taco season


At this point add the broth, tomato sauce and onion flakes.  Cook to boil.  Cover and simmer 20 minutes.  Fluff when done.

Heat the queso according to package.  Then, put rice on the plate, put a piece of chicken on top of the rice and pour cheese over top of all of it.  Then gobble it down.  So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment